Shelby Bupp Crockett

My photo
Birmingham, Michigan, United States
I live in Birmingham, Michigan, with my husband Kyle, our son Nathan and our daughter Evelyn. The blog is named for our late dog Pete, a Rhodesian Ridgeback who died in 2014. Late in 2015, we returned to the US after living five years overseas (Seoul, South Korea and Königstein im Taunus, Germany).

Saturday, January 5, 2013

At Home for the Holidays

Don't get me wrong, I missed my family, Kyle's family and our friends like crazy over the holidays--a time in our expat adventures that we usually spend in Michigan. I have to admit, though, it was easier than I anticipated. It was fine with me not to have to pack, fly for 14 hours straight with a toddler, unpack or be jet lagged and then turn around and do it all over again. And it was truly a joy to spend 12 straight days together with Kyle on vacation. Since I was lax about posting in the latter half of December, I thought I'd give you a little pictorial round up of our fun...

Christmas packages began to arrive to our delight...

We love to get mail!

 

We decorated the tree...

Christmas all over the globe!
We had the AWC Holiday lunch...
The AWC Board
We took our snacks standing up...
Standing on the coffee table is a new favorite pastime
We woke up at our own pace...
Pre-coffee stare

 

We went for little walks...

Cuties

We made coffee runs...
Coffee!
We woke up Christmas morning...
Let's do this, Santa!
We played with our new stuff...
Puzzles and blocks and animals, oh my!
We played with Daddy's new stuff...
A few sizes too big

We cuddled...
Love
We met new dogs in the neighborhood...
Look up at the doggy!
Dog barking at Natey (and Pete)
We reluctantly posed for pictures....
Nate and Daddy
We took off running...
Here I go!
We weathered a snowstorm...
The beginning of the storm
We played some more...
Checking email :)
And we rang in the new year...
The annual Bupp calendar
Here's to a great 2013!

:) sbc

No comments:

Post a Comment